Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Morgan Johnson, 17-year-old Victim of Suicide Remembered With Love

Since Tuesday when the news of 17-year-old Morgan Johnson's suicide first scrolled across Facebook, I feel as if I carried a ton of bricks.  Almost unable to move with the sadness of this young woman's death.  I didn't know Morgan but my husband taught at her school.  I've wanted so much to do something for this GEM of a young lady, for ALL young ladies ARE GEMS.  Rare and highly valued, as all persons are, I'm reminded that in a dark world such as ours, we need to hear the good news of our "gem-ness." At times we all fear that we aren't worth much.

Community gathered at the L&N Depot, Etowah, Tennessee
I gathered with some spiritual people last night (Thursday) and we spoke of Morgan.  We spoke of our responsibility to love each other, to bear one another's burdens, to do it without expectation of anything in return.  We felt downcast for we were thinking that we are terrible failures at loving this way.  We spoke of the most loving person who ever lived and how our favorite book about him tells us he gave up heaven for us.  HE GAVE UP HEAVEN FOR US.  Because, for him, us knowing him, us knowing his father, WAS what he lived and died and rose again to realize!  His love for us never fails!  He will fill us to over- flowing with love for each other.  We need only look to him!


On Morgan's Facebook page, she says she knows this One Who Loves her most.  Someone had to tell her that.  Someone shared that good news of a hero!  I went to a candlelight vigil for Morgan to represent the One Who Loves. He has a plan in all this.  He works all things together for good for those who know him.  You and I are invited to know Him!

I've wanted so much to do something for this GEM of a young lady, for ALL young ladies ARE GEMS.

Haley Martin, friend of Morgan's and coordinator of the candle light vigil met with me after the event.  I was grateful for her willingness to do something in honor of Morgan.   


We need only look on the One Who Loves to be filled with love...  Let us rest, gazing upon him!  He will be our strength.  He will never leave us nor forsake us, not even in death!  

No comments:

Post a Comment